Arriving in the ski resort of Levi, Finland was such a contrast to visiting the Alps in the past. In under half an hour, a bus drive from Kittila airport gets you to the resort of Levi. No climbing steep mountains with hair pin bends as the Levi ski resort is on a fell that is just over 500m above sea level – so all the ski runs are tree lined and beautiful.
It’s hard to imagine Levi without snow in winter, the ski season extends from October to May – in early November 2020, 2 of the 27 ski lifts were already open.
- Long ski season from November to May – with treelined slopes
- Snow sure slopes settle you into what would described as laid-back skiing
- The resort is relaxed and friendly
- Chilled apres ski atmosphere – it’s beautiful, it’s Lapland with Father Christmas, reindeer, husky rides, an ice hotel, glass igloos, snow shoeing, ice fishing, snow mobiles, and the mesmerising Northern Lights
- Plenty to do for non skiers – This is a place where non-skiers come to experience the Winter Wonderland.
- Short airport transfer to resort
- Zero Point slopes at Levi are good for intermediate skiers with a choice of red slopes
- Cross country skiing is very popular and there are loads of trails
- A downside is the number of T-bar lifts, 14 of the 27 lifts
- It can get cold as it’s just over 100 miles north of the Arctic – so make sure you have warm clothing!
- Eating on the slopes is limited with only 7 restaurants available
Let us know what you think about Levi or any other resorts you have visited.
There are ski resorts to meet every need – be it a local slope great for a day trip or night skiing to a resort for a week’s holiday. To make the most of your time, where ever you are – have you thought of getting ski fit? YogaTonic UK‘s online programme includes vinyasa flow, HIIT training and mindfulness and provides a great way to help you make the most of your time on your board or skis. Our online yoga classes and HIIT workouts are open to all levels of experience and fitness. For those new to yoga – don’t worry, the classes are a great starting point for beginners.