First and foremost, we are both passionate skiers. Shortly after starting to teach yoga, we created a programme of ski exercises to help people prepare for the season or holiday head.
Improving your ski fitness will make your next skiing holiday all the more enjoyable; no yoga experience required and great for all levels of fitness.
Our online get fit for skiing programme includes fitness classes, online yoga videos and techniques to improve concentration.
The yoga classes can be enjoyed by all levels, with yoga for beginners through to more experienced yogis. More advanced classes have been signposted with ‘Blue’ and ‘Red’ gradings. We teach vinyasa flow yoga, which overlaps with power yoga and hatha yoga. There is certainly more to fitness yoga than holding static chair poses for long durations. Our dynamic yoga classes will help you be ready for the first run on the first day.
Why get fit for skiing?
Included in the ski fitness programme are 6 thirty minute HIIT workout sessions focused on building strength and endurance in preparation for your time in the mountains.
However long you have been skiing, it is more than likely you will challenge yourself at some point. Our yoga mindfulness classes introduce the importance of breathing and maintaining a positive mindset that will be useful when on the snow.
In the run up to each season we have also run several Ski Fitness yoga workshops that combine each of the key elements of our ski fit programme. Contact us to find out more.
Get fit for skiing
The best exercises for skiing need replicate your experience on the slopes so that you can
- Make the most of your time in the mountains
- Ski harder or longer
- Reduce the risk of getting injured
- Keep up with friends and family
Ski exercises combining with fitness yoga, a HIIT workout with mindfulness will help you in the following ways:
- Enhanced balance
- Increased stamina and endurance
- Improve core strength
- Enhance flexibility and range of movement
- Strengthen quads, glutes and calves
- Improve concentration – more focus, less stress
- Focus on maintaining steady and regular breathing
- Assist muscle recovery by releasing soreness and tension in the muscles
- Injury prevention
Included in the online yoga video programme are a selection of pre and post skiing stretches you can follow to reduce any stiffness from a day in the mountains.
Ski Fitness Training by YogaTonic UK
The selection of online yoga classes are led by either Tim or Shannon, helping to show the benefits of yoga for skiers can for both men and women.
Ski Fitness Package
Unlimited access to Ski Fitness package classes
Our unique programme includes the following
- Yoga for beginners – 6 x thirty minutes
- ‘Blue’ Level yoga – 3 x thirty minute
- ‘Red’ Level yoga – 3 x thirty minutes
- Family ski fitness – 3 x thirty minutes
- Yoga mindfulness – 6 x five to ten minutes
- HIIT workout – 6 x thirty minutes
- HIIT training – challenge 5 x five minutes