Skiing Holidays – are you ready?
6 Month Countdown!
Top 10 tips for choosing a ski resort
- Is there reliable snow – either natural snow, man-made or glacier
- How big is the ski area – you don’t want to be bored…
- Is the ski resort right for your level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)?
- Is the resort family friendly – with good ski schools and snowparks
- What kind of accommodation do you want – ski chalet, hotel or self catering
- Do want to be close to the ski slopes so you can ski in / ski out?
- Is there a ski school that speaks your language?
- How much does the ski pass cost?
- Do you want there to be good apres ski?
- What activites are there for non skiers- such was walking, sledging or visiting the local town
Hopefully these top 10 tips will help you find a ski resort that is right for you and your group.
Why get fit for skiing?
So, you’ve booked your next ski holiday – the date is in the diary and you are looking forward to getting to the ski resort. There’s nothing like a date in the diary to focus your mind and give you that little bit more motivation.
Have you thought about improving your ski fitness so that you can
- Ski harder or longer
- Reduce the risk of getting injured
- Keep up with friends and family members
- Enjoy your skiing more
- Make the most of your time in the mountains
- Enjoy the apres ski that little bit more!
Exercises to prepare for skiing
As yoga teachers, both Shannon and I are also passionate skiers. The more we have practiced yoga, the more we noticed the similarities between the two activities.
Briefly, both combine both movement (asanas), breathing (pranayama) and focus (drishti), whilst also leaving you pleasantly tired at the end of it!
That’s why we’ve also created our online yoga course for skiers to get ready for the mountains. With unlimited access to the online classes the Ski Fit package will get you ready for the mountains.
- No yoga experience necessary, so it’s a great way for skiers enjoy yoga for beginners.
- The online yoga classes and HIIT workouts are open to all levels of fitness.
- With over 40 vinyasa flow, yin yoga and HIIT workouts to follow there’s plenty of choice to mix up your training so you ready to hit the slopes.
If you know someone that is particularly looking forward to the going skiing again – you could always buy them the SkiFit online yoga course as a gift. With unlimited access to the yoga classes and HIIT workouts your friend or family member will be in perfect shape by the time the skiing holiday comes around.