Teaching yoga for kids is incredibly rewarding for us here at YogaTonic UK. Yoga is all about positive self-image, and teaching kids yoga helps them with their confidence, as well as flexibility and mobility. The tried and tested yoga poses and techniques, which the team at Cosmic Kids developed, are suitable for children of all ages.
We run numerous yoga classes for kids aged 7-12, and take great care to ensure that each child’s individual needs are met. These private yoga classes are led by our qualified and experienced instructor, Shannon, who applies her extensive knowledge and experience in vinyasa yoga, power yoga and fitness yoga, to ensure each child is well looked after.
Online Yoga for Kids
Now that we are limited with our face to face interaction, we offer online yoga courses. We have created a package that is suitable for kids between 7 – 12.
In the first half of 2020, Shannon and Max (age 10) worked together in putting 30 kids yoga videos together. All classes are 30 minutes. The classes range from sports yoga, yoga games for kids, positive mindset, mental confidence with exams and with a bonus 3 videos of our family yoga SkiFit.
These family yoga classes can be done with the kids, older siblings, parents, and grandparents. It is a great way to get the family together and have fun too! Every class is different and constantly has positive messages to build your child’s confidence. Since the classes were created with the help of Max, we know these classes can be enjoyed by all ages.
Why Choose Our Kids Yoga Package?
- Unlimited access to 30 kids videos
- Videos designed to strengthen and stretch kids muscles
- Kids will learn positive mindset skills
- Many different themes including sports, games, outdoors, SkiFit and exam positivity
Kids yoga package
Variety of kids videos for kids
£19.99 for package
Yoga/HIIT videos and live streaming for grown ups
£10 or £25 monthly
Kids Yoga Classes
Prior to 2020, we have run parent and child yoga workshops, with Tim and Shannon respectively. We hope we can run these in the future, but these workshops have been put on hold.
Here is a brief rundown of what we have included our parent and child yoga workshops
- Workshop lasts 2.5 hours
- Shannon leads a kids guided yoga session
- Includes basic yoga moves for kids and games that have yoga mindfulness added in
- Tim leads vinyasa flow yoga session for parents
- Parents and kids can enjoy a short break and enjoy healthy snacks and drinks
- Parent/child activity: Chocolate-making treats to take home
- Parent/child activity: Basic Acroyoga poses. We find that Acroyoga is popular with parents and kids, because it teaches them to trust and communicate with each other as they come into the more advanced poses.
- Finishing off with guided relaxation yoga and meditation
Prior to 2020, we offered kids “mini yoga and meditation retreats”, which kids can get involved with during the summer and Easter holidays. We hope we can run these in the future, but these retreats have been put on hold.
Here is a brief rundown of what we have included our mini yoga day retreats:
- Yoga workshops last for about 4 hours in total
- Yoga classes included
- Cooking sessions included (with Helen Burgess from Little Cooks Co)
- Nutrition, in ways they can understand and engage with
- Kids yoga classes come with numerous themes, including sports, music and games
- During intermissions, kids can enjoy some fun craft-making exercises
- Guided yoga and meditation as well as mindfulness exercises too
Yoga and Wellbeing in Schools
Across the UK, there is more of a focus on mental health and wellbeing in schools. As such, many schools are now offering wellness days, where students can take part in guided, safe yoga classes.
Yoga in schools is suitable for almost any age range, with any school yoga class running for approximately 20-30 minutes.
We have had fantastic feedback from kids who take part, as well as parents and teachers who get involved with these wellbeing workshops in schools.
Our wellness days have been delivered at schools such as:
- St Pirans – Maidenhead
- Lane End Primary – Lane End
- Royal Grammar School (RGS) – High Wycombe
- Herrie’s School – Cookham
We take great pride in providing these health and wellbeing activities for schools across the Thames Valley, but we have also provided special parent and child yoga classes at the Cookham Fair and Holy Trinity School Fete in 2018 and 2019.
Please contact YogaTonic UK if you would like to find out more about yoga for children.