Yoga on the deck – come and join us!
What a relief – it’s starting to feel a bit like summer. Shannon and I just hope that this isn’t a false start to the summer and that we have another cold snap.
Let’s keep a positive mindset.
The clocks going forward, the long days and the warmer weather is always an exciting time for us as yoga teachers at YogaTonic UK, as it means that we can start having yoga classes back on the deck again.
When you add in the easing of COVID restrictions (making it feel like an even longer winter), being outside is an added bonus – it means that our yoga students can come back and enjoy live yoga classes at the studio (or on the deck in this case).
Our weekly deck yoga classes are a great way to enjoy the fresh air, longer days and keep active. We’d like to think that the views over Cookham Moor make our yoga classes a perfect tonic to your busy day – whether it’s at the start or end…
As our regular students would hopefully agree, all of our classes are friendly, informal and at an open level so people of all experiences are welcome.
Yoga outside on the deck class schedule
🧘♂️ Monday – 630pm – 1 hour
🧘♂️ Monday – 8pm – Yin Yoga (starts May/June – tbc) – 1 hour
🧘♀️ Tuesday – 7pm – 1 hour
🧘♀️ Wednesday – 915am – 1 hour
🧘♀️ Friday – 7am – 45mins with coffee after
🧘♀️ Saturday – 8am – 45 mins with coffee after
Due to the nature of yin yoga, where poses are held for longer and is largely mat based, the classes will start when the days are longer and warmer.
Should any local businesses wish to arrange private classes on the deck we are more than happy to do so. We appreciate that this option benefits by colleagues by helping to stay active, supporting their mental health with the added advantage of staying outside.
Tips of enjoying outdoor yoga, in a post Covid Lockdown world
- Enjoy being able to do yoga outside, face to face and with other people – it’s been a long time coming. Let’s make the most of it.
- Bring your own you mat – if you can (we have plenty spare and make sure to clean after each class)
- Yoga clothing – bring some extra layers to make sure you keep warm – it’s better to take layers off than be cold
- Keep an eye on the weather – if it’s raining we will cancel the class (and you’ll get a refund OR joining our class online). We plan to open the classes up 2 weeks in advance.
- If it’s windy, our vinyasa flow class will keep you moving with dynamic yoga sequences
- If you love yin yoga, then keep an eye out for when it gets warmer – the 8pm class will start when we can
- Book early – we are have limited spaces so some yoga classes fill up early
- Join the waiting list – sometimes people need to cancel and spaces do become available
- Buy a class pass – if you plan to come regularly you can by a class pass that makes each session only £8 per class, rather than £10 for a drop in. (Class passes are valid for 3 months).
- Don’t worry if you don’t live locally, you can always join an online yoga class, either as a Premium subscriber or a corporate client. If the weather is good where you are – join us remotely but outside!
We cetainly plan to continue offering our classes live streamed and will also be adding to our yoga video library.
We are sure that most people are as excited about the summer and the opportunity to exercise outside again with people, as we are.
Hopefully we will see you on the deck soon!