We have certainly found that combining regular yoga and running has helped us stay fit and healthy and perhaps most importantly injury free over the years. Our online yoga classes have been created with runners in mind.
No experience necessary, our fitness yoga for runners has been tailored to meet your needs and offers yoga for beginners. For those wanting to supplement training with yoga stretching, our classes are ‘open’ so are appropriate for beginners and more experienced yogis alike.
Providing a yoga for runners online programme allows you to fit in your stretches around your training – whether you are a competitive club runner, looking to complete a challenge or to keep active and fit as well as injury free.
Yoga exercises for runners
Time is precious and training for your next race or event can be time consuming. Our online yoga programme for runners offers 20 yoga videos (over 10 class hours) online.
The classes focus on yoga stretches for runners; building a stronger core, ankles and feet whilst also bringing greater flexibility to the glutes, quads, calves and hamstrings.
Runners participating in longer distance events, from 5-10km to half, full and ultra marathons can all benefit from a selection of the best yoga videos for runners. For example, yoga for trail runners would benefit from a focus on balance and core strength to help proprioception as they run over uneven ground.
Why not start your yoga practice at home today?
Benefits of yoga for runners
- Strengthen and stretch yoga works out the whole body
- Improved core strength for runners for better posture and efficiency
- Enhance flexibility and range of movement
- Protect your lower back from the constant impact through the legs
- Improve concentration – more focus, less stress
- Focus on maintaining steady and regular breathing
- Assist muscle recovery by releasing soreness and tension in the muscles
- Injury prevention
- Yoga poses after running can ease potential stiffness and soreness
Yoga for Runners Package
Unlimited access to package classes
Our yoga for runners programme includes
- Vinyasa flow yoga and Yin yoga classes
- Pre run yoga sequences to warm up the muscles
- Post run yoga sequences to stretch the body out
- Yoga poses after running
- Yoga classes from 5 – 60 minutes
The selection of online yoga classes are led by either Tim or Shannon, helping to show the benefits that yoga for runners can have for both men and women.
“Adding yoga into my weekly training plan has been one of the best things I have done to support my running. It really helps release the tightness you get from running particularly in your hips and glutes, and a brilliant way to unwind and relax generally. Shannon and Tim are great instructors who vary the class every week, and really help you to work within your own limits,challenging yourself, and as keen triathletes really understand the demands of the running on the body so are great at incorporating the best poses to really target those key areas. I couldn’t recommend them more. “