Start a ski workout programme to build strength and confidence
Once it starts getting colder, it’s a reminder that ski season is coming and time to book our winter ski/snowboarding trip. Most leisure skiers have a one week trip each year, so there is a lot of time that we aren’t using those muscles. When on the ski trip, people might feel frustrated that they aren’t as fit as they’d like or could even get injured. Starting a ski fit programme in advance will help strengthen the muscles needed to get the most out of the trip.
Would you do a triathlon or any race without training?
An accessible and effective way to prepare for winter – as long as you are motivated and prepared to stick to the schedule. Excellent value too – this 6 course of 18 videos can be streamed multiple times with no expiry date and you can repeat the sessions as many times as you like.
What’s in the programme:
- 6 x ½ hour cardio conditioning sessions
- 6 x ½ hour yoga classes
- 6 x 10 minute* mindful meditation
- 2 free wall charts: Benchmarking and weekly trackers, so you can follow your progress and keep motivated. Download your wall charts here.
- Bonus content: Benchmarking video and pre / post skiing videos for when you are on holiday.
How will our programme help?
- Cardio conditioning: Strengthen legs, core, back allowing you to maximise your day on the slopes
- Yoga: Works on balance and coordination
- Mindful meditation: Build mental confidence, especially if you haven’t skied in a while
- Pre and post skiing stretches: Get ready for the day ahead and minimise any stiffness / injury after a day on the slopes
- Go at your own pace, unlimited access to videos
Weekly Classes in Cookham, Berkshire
Every autumn, we run a specific SkiFit Yoga class in addition to our regular classes. These classes focus on the muscles that are used the most in skiing. These classes will be running from Nov – March.
- Monday nights 7-8 pm
- Thursday nights 7-8 pm (with the occasional “apres ski” after the class)
Monthly Saturday morning workshops in Cookham
Starting in November, we will have monthly 2-hour Saturday morning workshops from 9:30am to 11:30am.
- November 30th
- December 14th
- January 18th
- February 1st
- 1 x 30 minute cardio conditioning session
- 2 x 30 minute yoga classes
- 1 x 10 minute guided meditation
- Refreshments between classes